BioLloyd is the Managing Director of CounselQuest, prior to which he was PwC Canadaís eDiscovery Forensicís Director. Lloyd is a proven leader in the e-Discovery, litigation support and forensic technology industry in Canada, having extensive expertise in the development, management, implementation and evolution of e-Discovery, best practices, personnel development and litigation technology. Lloyd is married with two lovely children and coaches soccer within his community.
Selected Projects & Highlights
- Project Manager for a number of global banking preservation exercises (multi-jurisdictional) across a number of departments involving securities and banking regulators.
- Co-Lead for investigative review into computer forensics and e-Discovery disclosure completeness exercise for various provincial government organizations.
- Led Canadian "meet and confer" meetings to review and analyze defendants and plaintiffs discovery protocols.
- Developed and presented preservation roadmaps (detailed steps, priorities and strategies) to the OSC, RCMP and other regulatory bodies.
- Drafted policies and procedures for in-house counsel and regulatory bodies on e-Discovery outlining detailed work to be performed by people, processes and technology, including drafting and reviewing legal holds and data monitoring, data destruction and data privacy issues.
- Assisted management of a publically listed company with the identification, collection and processing of ESI to uncover employee fraud by examining business transactions, aimed at cost recovery, a future criminal investigation, implementation of new records retention strategies and preparation of best practice recommendations reports.
- Led an international document review for a Canadian bank, employing a tiered workflow.